Saturday, April 28, 2012

I Bet You Didn't Know-Day 7

The last and final "I Bet You Didn't Know" post. Hmm... what shall it be about? Well, I suppose most people know how I got Nemo, my wonderful loving moose of a kitty. (If not, click here.) But Nibbles has a different story to share.
I bet you didn't know, Nibbles is what we call our "parking lot kitty".



This cute (some people call her ugly :'( ) kitty, was found in a parking lot by Sebastian's mom. She was cold and starving and so cuddly! She purred when ever she was held and she purred louder when you pet her. Sebastian's mom asked if we would want her and of course, we could never turn a kitty down so we invited this little one into our home. When she arrived, we got her some food immediately and she ate it right up. While she was eating, Sebastian and I were trying to figure out a perfect name for her. As we watched her, the perfect name appeared as bright as day. Every time she got distracted while she ate, little pieces of food would fall out of her mouth when ever she would turn her head. We started to laugh at the fact that she was leaving "nibbles" of food all over the place! So, after brainstorming a few names such as, Nibblet or Nibbler (from Futurama!), we decided that "Nibbles" was the best name for our new strange little kitty!
As she has lived with us for the past 5 months, she has grown into our hearts and has become our "teenie weenie baby" (for she has not grown since we got her, we think it may have something to do with the fact that she was left starving at such a young age). She holds a spot in my heart, right next to Nemo. (That's saying something! haha) I love that when I talk to her, she responds every time. I love that I could give her a home. I love that I was able to teach her her name since she was already about 7 months old when we got her. She is definitely our baby Nibbles!



Her eyes are always huge but they look REALLY huge in this picture!

~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment