Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Bet You Didn't Know-Day 4

I bet you didn't know, that I haven't told a lie since I was in second grade (2002). I really do believe that honesty is the best policy. The lie that I told in 2nd grade was the stupidest lie too! I used to take my lunch to school in a lunch box almost everyday. One day, I didn't like how the sandwich got soggy by sitting in the lunchbox all day, so I just left it in there and stuck the lunch box in my cubby. I never ended up taking it home and after a couple of weeks, I was honestly scared to open up that lunchbox again! (haha) In the mean time, I was carrying a different lunch box or brown bagging it, I don't remember. But anyway, I eventually just threw that stinky lunchbox away and of course, that's when my parents started asking where that lunchbox went. I, of course being 8 years old, said that I didn't know and that I would look for it at school. My parents kept asking and they told me to look in the lost and found, and obviously I knew that I wouldn't find it there. I knew what I had done and I was just too scared to tell them. I don't remember if they just eventually forgot about it or if I just told on myself now while they are reading this (lol) but either way, I knew it was wrong and I decided I never wanted to lie again. I really haven't lied since then. Even through my teenage years and when "boys", *cough cough*, Sebastian came around, and they asked me questions. I told the truth. Looking back now it makes me feel good about myself knowing that I did. Throughout my small amount of time on Earth, I have learned that honesty and communication are 2 of the most important keys to life. I'm glad I learned it young.

So the moral of day 4 is: "Honesty doesn't always pay, but dishonesty always costs." -Michael Josephson

-Bri
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment