Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Bet You Didn't Know-Day 6

I bet you didn't know that I think about and miss my Grammy and Paapa everyday. Grammy and Paapa are my great-grandparents on my mom's side. They are Grandma's (Becky's) parents. Grammy passed away when I was 9 (2003) and Paapa passed away when I was 16 (2009). I use to go over to their house ALL the time! The best thing was, was that there house was right next to Grandma and Papa's house! When I remember Grammy, I think about the times when she would push me on their tire swing and how she would always stand by the tree inorder to protect me from any possible collisions. I remember the times when we use to listen to tapes in the cassette player and she would hold me on her lap in her favorite chair. When I think about Paapa, I remember going fishing. Grammy, Paapa and I would go fishing at Lake Pleasant after picking worms from the ground for bait. That was my favorite part. Me and Grammy would pick worms for forever! I will never forget the times we spent play games, watching Tune Disney, or cooking boxed macaroni and cheese. Paapa use to record hours of Tune Disney for me to watch in case it wasn't on sometimes when I was there. Still to this day, I wish I had those tapes just so I could watch them and pretend they were still here in the flesh. I know they will always be with me in my heart and memory. I pray one day that we will see each other again.

Me and Paapa (I was around 3 or 4)

Me and Grammy


All of us together <3
Sadly, I don't have any pictures with them of when I was older. There are probably some in the myriad of pictures my grandma has but these ones will do for now.

"If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again."

~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment