Monday, February 6, 2012

A Good Book and an Elliptical

Today my day so far has consisted of, as the title states, a good book and an elliptical. If you are looking for a good book to read, one by Lurlene McDaniel should suffice. This morning I finished a two-novel series by McDaniel titled, The End of Forever. Excellent book I must say! This novel series is basically about a family of 4 that suddenly turns into a family of 3 when Amy, a 16 year old daughter and sister, has a terrible car accident one night. The family learns that Amy is "somewhere between life and death" when the docotors inform them that Amy is in a comma. The struggle this family faces when realizing after weeks that Amy isn't coming back is heart breaking and really tugs at your heart when Erin, Amy's living sister, can not face the fact that donating Amy's organs is what Amy would have wanted them to do if something like this happened. Amy was always helping other people and it took days for Erin to realize that Amy would still want to help others, even in death. Don't worry! I haven't told you the entire story! But I do encourage you to read it whenever you have time. I like books that make me cry and I know this one definitely did. The book I am now reading is called, Faking Faith by Josie Bloss. I don't think this book will make me cry but it does seem like a good one to read so far.

I decided to do my workout today on the Elliptical my grandparents have. I found that really fun and a struggle when it got to the higher levels of resistance. But, no pain, no gain! Right?! I am glad that I have been mostly keeping up with my exercise and trying to eat really healthy. Popcorn is my weakness and I have deemed that my reward for a good day's work.

By the way, my grandma had such a good idea for making a big batch of egg salad today. She took the hard boiled eggs and put them through a meat grinder! It came out so perfect for egg salad! Who knew?! Why spend a bunch of time chopping each egg when you basically get the same effect through a meat grinder?! I just thought that was such a good idea, I just had to share it! Thanks Grandma!

Happy blogging!

~Bri


2 comments:

  1. What's a meat grinder? Good job on the elliptical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's what's used to make ground beef. It turns meat (or any food actually) into little chunks. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete