Friday, February 3, 2012

Venus Transit!!!

Today I had the awesome experience of getting to enjoy the Edinboro Planetarium. I went there when I was in middle school but it was really cool to see it again. I learned something that I just thought was so cool and it's a once in lifetime thing! The man that presented the planetarium talked about something called a Venus Transit. A Venus Transit is when Venus passes in between the earth and the sun and when we can see the black outline of the planet. So, it's kind of like a solar eclipse except with Venus! (There's more to it than that, but I can not explain it for the life of me!) The man also said something about how when a Venus Transit happens, it will be towards the top of the sun and then 8 years later, it will be near the bottom. Apparently, the cycle only happens every 105 years, and lucky us, we will get to see it happen in June of this year! June 5th exactly around 5 o'clock! Once in a lifetime thing happening then! Get ready! I know it's as close to Venus as I'll ever get!

Here are dates when a Venus Transit happened & will happen again.
~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment