Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dear Backyard




You have brought me so much peace throughout the years, so much fun and and so many laughs. You have hosted parties that brought family together and you have been a playground for so many children. Do you remember me when I was a little girl? Do you remember my mom? Do you remember that she planted those maple trees for you? They have grown so tall in the past 30+ years. Do you remember my Papa building that swing set for me so many years ago? Do you remember when my Paapa (my great grandpa) use to push me in my baby swing and how he would sing to me? I do. I remember all those things and more. Do you remember me as a baby that couldn't even walk yet, crawling around in your trees' Fall leaves? Do you remember me and Geeshla, the dog, playing together? You probably know this but Geeshla died when I was about 3. She was a good dog, I wish I could have known her better. Do you remember all the times friends and family would have water ballon fights? Do you remember all the times we would play badminton? We couldn't have done with out you. Backyard, you really do mean a lot to me. Most of my childhood existed with you and in the house that you hold. I had to leave when I was around 3 but almost every other day I still saw you. Mom and Dad worked, so I was left in Grandma and Papa's (your owners) care. And I came back, didn't I? Do you still remember all the picnic lunches we would have outside? Remember when you once held a pool? I miss that pool. We would splash so much water onto you, I don't know how there was any left inside of it at the end of the day. Do you remember me and my cousins always getting trouble for splashing too much? I do. I will always remember everything you did for me. No matter what happens, even when we will move away one day whether it be soon or far into the future, I will watch my home movies and see you and all the memories you were part of. You were and still are so peaceful. As I sit here typing, I see you and all the wonderful memories like a flashback going through my mind. One day when you are not mine anymore, I will miss you deeply.

-Bri
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment