Monday, March 5, 2012

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal..."

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."

I went to visit my great-grandma or otherwise known as "Little Grandma" today. We played cards, specifically we played Kings on the Corner, a card game she and I were playing ever since I can remember. That was one of the first games she ever taught me and it has become one of our favorites. To be honest, I was actually apprehensive about even going to visit her. I couldn't stand the thought of her not knowing who I was again or watching her say/do strange things. But I did go, and I am extremely glad that I did. She was her normal self today and was so happy to see me. She struggled with playing Kings on the Corner at first because she forgot how it was played, but after a couple of rounds it all started to come back to her and she ended up winning three hands in a row! Way to go for her 96 year old mind!! She laughed and was having a good time but then some shoulder pain caused her to go lay down. We ( we as in my grandma Becky & I) told her we would back in a couple day to play more cards. Before I left though, she exclaimed to me how much she loved with such joy that it is indescribable. I will never forget her sweet, feeble smile and how she told me to let Sebastian know that she loves him too but to not give him any kisses from her because that makes his cheeks turn red (lol). Oh Little Grandma, you never cease to make me smile!

I am dreading for when that day comes when she will no longer be with us in her body any longer. I know that when she passes she will always be in my heart and in my hopes that one day I will see her healthy and well again but that does not make losing her in this life any easier. I feel blessed to be able to call her my great-grandmother. I love her so much. I have so many memories with her, so many games were played, so many letters/notes were written, so many blueberries were picked. I never pick a blueberry without thinking of my Litttle Grandma. I hope she will spend more years with me and my family but only God knows, only time will tell.

I find this quote to be more true then ever: "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."

~Bri

1 comment:

  1. After my dad died i what heart broken because i thought that i had lost him forever. My dad is like the person that held me together.

    ReplyDelete