Monday, June 11, 2012

"If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away"

Yesterday in the car, I was listening to the radio when I heard the country song "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away" by Justin Moore. I've heard it before but never actually listened to it until yesterday.
"If heaven wasn't so far away
I'd pack up the kids and go for the day
Introduce them to their grandpa
Watch 'em laugh at the way he talks
I'd find my long lost cousin John
The one we left back in Vietnam
Show him a picture of his daughter now
She's a doctor and he'd be proud
Then tell him we'd be back in a couple of days
In the rear view mirror we'd all watch 'em wave
Yeah, and losing them wouldn't be so hard to take
If heaven wasn't so far away"

"Introduce them to their grandpa..."

That one line, "Introduce them to their grandpa" just stuck out and kept repeating in my head. It got me thinking. I could not even imagine what it's like to not know your grandparents. I started feeling sad and sorry for all the kids who will never get to know or meet their own grandparents. Ugh, my heart just sank at that moment. That is when I realized how lucky I am. I am SO lucky to not only know my both sets of grandparents but to have the chance to know 3 of my GREAT grandparents! When that song was over I thanked God for the blessing of grandparents that he gave me. I feel so blessed and so lucky that I can not even put it all into words.


-Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment