Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Beginning of the Rest of my Life

Early last Friday evening I was doing my hair and getting ready to go to Olive Garden to celebrate my brother, Nyke's, birthday with my family. I was singing "Holes in the Floors of Heaven" a country song I have sung with my grandma Becky and Grammy since I was real little. Once Grammy died, we dedicated the song to her. As I was singing and prepping, the phone rang. My grandma then called me upstairs and told me it was the social security office asking for me. ME! My heart started racing when I picked up the phone. The lady told me the good news that I have been waiting to hear! My name on my social security card is now also changed to Dobruk, just like my new birth certificate! I felt like Grammy was with me at that moment. My journey of 4 months is finally over and I am officially and completely a Dobruk on paper now! (I've always been a Dobruk at heart.) Mostly thanks to Jane Earl's pushing and prodding, I can now go to college, go to my job at Giant Eagle (FINALLY!), get my own bank account, get a permit and driver license! I can be a person now! Going into college debt and all! (lol) I can now finally begin the rest of my life. I feel so relieved, so over joyed and I almost feel reborn because I am not stuck anymore. I am free to do as I wish!

On a random note, Mooey the mouse, who we thought had 12 babies in one litter, actually had 13! AND she's ready to pop again! ;)

~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment